Here's a decadent Valentine's Day chocolate cake recipe in a heart shaped Tin. All I can say is....
Of course it uses my favourite...chocolate (70% Lindt Dark cooking chocolate) and for a dash of red, fresh raspberries and cream. This recipe is also gluten free. I think raspberries just have the most sweetest and fragrant scent, and the colour is gorgeous. This chocolate cake is coated in a glaze made of chocolate and rose hip jam. If you can't get this jam, you could use strained raspberry jam. I prefer rose hip as the tartness complements the richness of the chocolate well without being sweet.
I hope you enjoy this chocolate and raspberry cake recipe as a decadent treat for yourself, or to share
Decadent Chocolate Cake with chocolate glaze, raspberries and cream recipe
150g Lindt 70% Dark cooking chocolate
3 tablespoons milk
3/4 cup caster sugar
3 eggs, separated (I have made this recipe without the egg yolks, and it still works)
145g Ground almonds or ground hazelnuts
1 teaspoon vanilla
1) Grease a 22cm spring form cake pan (I used a specialty heart shaped tin for this recipe, but you could use any shape). Line with wax paper or parchment paper. Set aside.
2) Pre heat oven (180C) oven. Melt chocolate and butter together over a double boiler or in the microwave on medium 50% power for 1- 1 1/2 minutes. Allow to cool a little.
3) In a large bowl, add sugar, almond meal, vanilla, egg yolks and stir well.
4) Whip egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Add chocolate mixture and milk to large bowl and stir until combined.
5) Fold in 1/3 of the egg whites to chocolate mixture. Then fold in the rest of the egg whites.
6) Pour mixture into prepared tin. Bake for 40 -45 minutes (a smaller tin like my heart tin took 20 minutes, and I had enough mixture for two hearts). The cake is ready when the top of the cake feels firm to touch. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a rack. Cover with a clean damp towel.
Chocolate Rose hip Glaze recipe:
3 large tablespoons rosehip jam (strained if lumpy)
1/4 cup icing sugar
water to make a smooth glaze
100g Lindt dark cooking chocolate 70%
1) In a small pan on medium heat, melt jam, chocolate and icing sugar together. Remove from pan and stir vigorously until smooth, adding enough water to make a smooth glaze at pouring consistency.
2) Brush over the cooled cake.
Whip cream and pipe onto the cake, decorate with fresh or frozen raspberries, and serve.
Enjoy, let me know if you try this recipe, and how you went!