Recipe for Cookies and cream mud cupcakes with Oreo frosting, well the title says it all, but if you want to know more: The cupcakes are white chocolate cookies and cream flavoured mudcake, topped with a frosting made of Oreo cookies combined in a creamy rich buttercream topped with a mini Oreo cookie. Does it taste good? YES, YES and YES. These are really quick to make, and look really cute with the mini cookie on top. You could of course make this recipe into a larger cake, and cover with frosting.
Recipe for white chocolate cookies and cream mudcake (makes 24 cupcakes)
200g Nestle cookies and cream block of chocolate (alternatively use a block of white cooking chocolate and, then add 6-8 crushed Oreos at the end)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups plain flour
1 cup self raising flour
2 lightly beaten eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1) Pre heat oven to 180C. Line 2 muffin tray with patty pans.
2) In a small saucepan, melt butter, sugar, chocolate and milk. Stir over low heat until melted and sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool.
3) Sift flour into a bowl. In another bowl, mix sour cream, eggs and vanilla.
4) Add melted mixture, and egg cream mixture to flour, mix until combined.
5) Add to patty pans, you should get 24 cupcakes. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until firm to touch. Remove cupcakes from muffin trays and put onto cooling rack.
6) Allow to cool completely before icing.
Recipe for Cookies and cream frosting I found this recipe at Bakespace, I just added a little less butter, and no salt, because I used salted butter
Makes enough for 24 cupcakes
220g butter at room temperature
1 3/4 cup sifted icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 of a cup whipping or thickened cream
6-8 oreo biscuits crushed
1) Beat butter until creamy, then add icing sugar and beat on high speed until light, pale and fluffy
2) Add vanilla, then add cream. Beat mixture.
3) Don't worry if the butter goes a little chunky, just continue beating the mixture on medium setting until all smooth.
4) Fold in crushed oreos.
I piped this thick mixture with a large coupler that didn't have a nozzle, just so that it looked more neat. The Oreos make it a little hard to pipe through a star tip. Decorate with a mini or half a regular oreo cookie.
Let me know how you go with baking these cupcakes, and please share this recipe with friends who you think might like to bake these too!...Leave your comments below, happy baking!!