What is a POD class? It's about building bigger learning communities!
LIVE GROUP LEARNING: POD classes are LIVE online courses for larger groups, you simply connect your computer to a big screen TV or projection screen.
A POD class is LIVE, so it starts at a set learning time and ends at a set time.
They involve the same learning system as all courses here on Ingrid Creates and include live chat with Ingrid Lee (at a convenient time for both you and Ingrid) during the course.
You will experience live interaction online, and see close ups of every stroke, stitch and drawing you need, step by step.
Live classes offer real-time chat to enhance learning.
POD classes are about sharing and building bigger communities of learners and
HOSTED LEARNING FOR GROUPS: POD classes are great for group learning, and are designed for POD hosts who have a shop, professional studio, painting guild or association, even for international convention events who have a group of students wanting to learn with us or participate in a demonstration.
A POD host sets up the class just like they would run regular classes or teaching area, with the same preparation, presence, support that you regularly provide your participants- including refreshments, snacks, water, tea or coffee makes for a great experience. Please do not plan any other events or presentations during the POD class, set time aside for this special event with us, as we do not stop our live course.
ACCESS TO A RECORDING: All registered participants will have access to watch a repeat of that POD class when ever you want. Once you have paid for a course you have ‘evergreen’ access to it- anytime so you can stop and start your projects and fit them in around your life style needs.
GET FEEDBACK AND CERTIFICATE: Just like in regular courses, each registered participant has the opportunity to upload a photo of their work for final assessment and feedback by Ingrid, and you will receive a certificate. Upgrades for personalised Skype consultations are available.
When you host our POD class, you have the opportunity to expand the learning experiences of your groups, clients and VIP students with exclusive courses and opportunities.
Who can be a POD Host?
All of the courses at Ingrid Creates are available to be hosted. Here is a list of requirements to be a POD host:
- The Host is someone who can organise a group, whether it is a group or guild, and provide the location and facilities and hospitality and equipment (at your cost) to host the event. The host needs to understand the simple processes involved with learning online and registering to explain to their group. The host will facilitate the learning of participants in the POD. This way the results of participant's work and experience in a POD class will achieve great results.
- The POD Host should be an experienced teacher of the art form with a registered business/studio/association, who can satisfy the requirements of the POD Host Application.
- Reliable internet access, screen or tv with internet access, computer access on the premises.
How do we pay for the course?
- Each participant in the POD must be a Free Access Member of our school and PAY to attend their course through this website. A special course link will be set up exclusively for your POD.
- All participants are required to pay for their course through this website no later than 48 hours before the POD class begins, so that Ingrid Creates staff can set up your POD class with correct attendees AND grant them a ticket before the class begins.
- Remember, only registered participants of that POD can have evergreen access to a recording of this event, get a certificate and get feedback from Ingrid.
- The POD host may charge for the use of the event space, hospitality, refreshments, equipment hire etc if required, and not for access to the event. All participants must pay for the course through this website.
Which course can we choose?
Currently you can enroll in any of the courses available at Ingrid Creates, all fees are charged at the same price. New courses are being added all the time. If you require a different subject matter or theme, please contact Ingrid and she will create a course for your groups' interests.
Can you do a demonstration only?
Absolutely! Maybe you want to POD host a demonstration for your convention or public event? All demonstrations are Live, and will be for 60 minutes only, and are purely a demonstration with no course materials supplied. A demonstration is not an instructional class so there will be no certificate or feedback from Ingrid.
Your group will experience a live webinar with demonstrations of the techniques, ensuring the best close ups are available to your group- just like our regular courses.
All participants in the demonstration must register and pay for this demonstration prior to attending, they will also have evergreen access to watch a replay of this event in our archives.
There is a Live chat time available with Ingrid after the demonstration for 20 minutes. These are easy to organise, please contact Ingrid for all details and costs.
When you host a POD class demonstration with Ingrid, it expand the creative possibilities for your community
Promotion of your POD
As a POD Host you need to spread the word and promote your POD course with Ingrid Creates. Please do not rely on Ingrid Creates to do this. Promote to your email lists, regular students, on your blog or website, social media.
Ingrid Creates will send an email roughly 1-2 weeks before your POD course starts to each enrolled participant, reminding them about the course and emailing them their ticket to participate in the POD, and course materials which they will bring to your classroom.
POD Host Commission
You will receive a 12% commission for every participant in your POD, but you will not receive commission on yourself.
The great news is that if you have 10 or more paying people in your POD, your attendance is free. Please note, we do not pay a commission on any participant who is not registered with us prior to the POD course starting- we do not hold the point of view that you should work for free.
At the end of the session, you will receive an attendees list to complete, and it is expected you will return it to us, so we can organise your commission and any other moneys. Please make sure that only people physically in the room with you are on your attendee list. We will pay you via PayPal within 3 days after your POD class ends.
At Ingrid Creates, we hope it goes without saying...
Please honour Ingrid Lee, your participants and our online community and ensure everyone who attends your POD is a registered and paid participant. Remember, it is only registered paid participants who have access to recordings, feedback and a certificate from Ingrid and access to be involved in our community.
If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We want your POD class experience to be a rewarding and fun collaborative learning event.