All online art and embroidery courses at Ingrid Creates offer you self paced learning from the comfort of your home, studio, creative space or wherever you have an internet connection.
You can still learn in a group environment from a shop, group of friends or organisation, see POD learning which is LIVE.
We offer Premier courses, which are the ultimate online masterclass. These courses are designed to explore and push your creativity and technical skill level, understanding of art theory for designing your own work to create a folio of artworks click here for details.
What are online art classes like?
Online art classes use streaming, an Internet technology that delivers live or delayed video to your computer, via our website.
In this video, I explain and show you a sample of what my classes are like. If you to experience a class for yourself, try the Free Mini Tutorials and see whether online art courses are right for you.
I designed Ingrid Creates online classes as webinars, that have close up videos of what I'm creating, to guide you, step by step- it will almost be like you are sitting next to me in my studio. I think that's really important, don't you?
My main focus for all of the online classes you will experience is:
- to have a comfortable and informal virtual classroom that is as close to you studying with me in my studio. See a tour of my studio here.
- to be part of a community of other creative people here at the online school, who you can share your work and ideas with, and always feel inspired.
Here are some FAQs you might still have:
How do I learn?
- BASICS- Learn the basics and unique techniques required for the topic.
- CREATE- How to create this one design in many different ways using Ingrid’s own embroidery samples.
- FEEDBACK- Get expert advice from Ingrid Lee. Upon completion of your course, submit a photo of your work and Ingrid will send you a certificate of completion and some feedback about your progress. Want personalised feedback via Skype? You can upgrade your course with personalised Skype consultation for Ingrid's expert advice.
- LIFETIME ACCESS- to 1 module, all video lessons for the course, 2 design sheets, Course Essentials e-book, Free tutorials and articles about silk ribbon embroidery.
- LIVE FREE WEBINAR- Participate in monthly FREE Live webinar exclusive to students here at Ingrid Creates Online Arts School. This is a free webinar where you get to ask questions about the course, share your ideas with other students and Ingrid.
What is a recorded course?
- A recorded course starts whenever you purchase to attend.
- You will have access to watch a repeat of the course when ever you want. Once you have paid for a course you have 'evergreen' access to it- anytime so you can stop and start your projects and fit them in around your life style needs.
- You will experience a recording of a live course with all the hints and tips.
- You will see close ups of every stroke, stitch and drawing you need, step by step.
- Recorded classes do not include real-time chat or post class chat time with Ingrid in the Creative Forum, but you are welcome to post questions in the group and Ingrid will get back to you as soon as she is able.
- You do have access to feedback once you finish the course, to get your certificate of completion, upload your photo in the final unit of your course, and within 48 hours Ingrid will give you feedback and your certificate.
- Remember you can Upgrade for personalised consultations with Ingrid for specific expert advice, and you are automatically registered to participate in our Free Webinar Chats held once per month about your chosen area.
Why learn Online?
- Complete your art works during your time and pace.
- Learn where you're most comfortable and at a time of day when you're most productive.
- Update or improve your skills without a lot of interruption to your work or personal commitments.
- Online learning with Ingrid Lee creates offers a flexible virtual classroom community which suits your individual needs and commitment schedule.
- You will get a certificate upon completion of your art work, just like in regular in-person courses with Ingrid Lee.
- You become part of an electronic community of art learners through our forums, online events and showcase gallery.
Hints to get the best experience when learning Online
My focus for Ingrid Creates Online Art School is to 'Share, Learn, Inspire and Create' in a supportive and creative community. This school is set up with an international community who can access my learning community, making this a different classroom environment from in-person classes.
While you might be learning from your home or studio, and you are participating in regular or POD courses, you are still interacting with our community and in our forum and discussion areas. So the usual practices of courtesy and netiquette are very important in online learning environments.
You will receive my guide on how to ensure we all have a great experience at Ingrid Creates Online school when you download your class pack.